Monday, July 21, 2014

Fresh Asparagus Pesto

The hours are long, and the days are filled with sunshine and rainbows. It is nice to have summer after a record setting winter. I want to make my summer epic. I want to stretch each minute of each day to maximize my summer bliss. I hope that everyone is making their summer epic and full of adventure, balanced with a good dose of lazy Sundays. On those lazy Sundays, I have a lazy asparagus pesto, to help you make dinner time slow and maybe even beach worthy.

I stumbled across this asparagus pesto recipe from Food & Wine magazine. It is fast and easy, and tastes fantastic! Dollops of this pesto would be great on top of freshly cooked grains or lentils. Stirred in at the last minute, you can also take your scrambled eggs to the next level. I also think this pesto pairs well with fresh goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, or even a slab of brie gently warmed on the grill. I hope you enjoy!! Belly up!!



FRESH ASPARAGUS PESTO

1 pound asparagus, trimmed and coarsly chopped
1/2 cup extra- virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn if large
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper

In a food processor, pulse the asparagus until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil, cheese, basil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. This pesto is rustic, but if you would like, you can process the combined ingredients in the food processor to make a more traditional pesto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment